Who can submit a photo online?
Undergraduate students who are new to the University and who have registered for an Orientation session can submit a photo online.
- Photos must be submitted no later than 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled Orientation session.
- E-mail messages will be sent to the student's @uiowa.edu account informing them if their photo has been accepted or rejected.
- Due to the high volume of photos we receive during orientation season, please allow 1-2 business days for processing your photo.
All photos are subject to management approval and must meet the University's photo requirements.
Why submit a photo online?
Uploading your preferred photo ahead of time will save you time when you arrive on campus for your orientation program. We'll have your card pre-printed so all you have to do is show us your government issued photo ID and sign for your card. We'll have you on your way, with your Iowa One Card, within a few minutes. This gives you additional time to take care of other items of business before the start of your orientation program.
You'll avoid having to walk up the hill from the IMU to Jessup Hall at a time when the weather may be less than ideal for having your picture taken, making you wish you would have just uploaded a photo when you had the opportunity.
When do I get my card?
If your photo was accepted, you will receive instructions when you check in at orientation on where you will go to pick-up your pre-printed Iowa One Card.
Requirements for picking up your card:
- You will need to present a valid government issued photo ID when picking up your Iowa One Card. Photos on a mobile device are not acceptable.
- We will not release your Iowa One Card to anyone but YOU.
If for some reason you are unable to pick up your card at orientation, we will hold your card at our office in Jessup Hall and you can claim it at any time during our normal business hours. Just remember to bring a government issued photo ID!