Reporting a Badge as Lost or Stolen

Please notify the UI Health Care Badge Center immediately if you discover that your badge is lost or stolen.

  • Send us notification using the Contact Us form on this website
  • Send an e-mail to
  • Call or stop by our office - (319) 335-2716, C110 General Hospital  

Promptly reporting the card missing will protect you from improper charges to your account and other misuse of the UI Health Care Badge.

Reporting a Badge as Found/Reactivating Your Badge

To re-activate your badge after you've reported it lost, you must bring the badge AND a government issued photo ID to our office so that we can verify your identity.

Lost/Stolen Badge Replacements

Individuals must bring a completed Photo Identification Badge Request form to our office to receive a replacement badge.  Please contact your department HR representative to obtain this form and bring it with you to the UI Health Care Badge Center.  (Form expires 30 days after issue date.)

Replacement Fee

A $25.00 non-refundable fee will be assessed each time a badge is issued to replace one that has been lost or stolen. 

Replacement fees will be payroll deducted from employee paychecks, students will be billed via the U-Bill.