Reporting a Card as Lost or Stolen

Please notify our office immediately if you discover that your card is lost or stolen.

  • Send us notification using the Contact Us form on this website
  • Send an e-mail to
  • Call or stop by our office - (319) 335-2716, UI Service Center - 2700 UCC  

Promptly reporting the card missing will protect you from improper charges to your account and other misuse of the Iowa One Card.

If you suspect the theft and/or unauthorized use of your card, report it immediately to the Department of Public Safety.

Reporting a Card as Found/Reactivating Your Card

To re-activate your card after you've reported it lost, you must bring the Iowa One Card AND a government issued photo ID to our office so that we can verify your identity.

Lost/Stolen Card Replacements

Individuals must bring a government issued photo ID to our office to obtain a replacement card. 

When a replacement card is issued, the lost/stolen card is automatically terminated and becomes a "dead card".  Dead cards cannot be reactivated.

Replacement Fee

A $35.00 non-refundable fee will be assessed each time a new card is issued to replace one that has been lost or stolen. 

Replacement fees will be payroll deducted from employee paychecks, students will be billed via the U-Bill. 

If the newest card becomes lost/stolen and an older card is located, the older card cannot be reactivated to avoid paying the replacement fee.