*Students may qualify for financial assistance with a name change. Click here to learn more.
Individuals must bring a government issued photo ID to our office to obtain a replacement card.
Damaged Card Replacements
Cards that have been damaged through "normal wear and tear" will be replaced at no charge. Damage from normal wear and tear includes damage caused by swiping the card through card reader devices. Examples of this type of damage include:
- Horizontal wear on the magnetic stripe
- Horizontal breakage of the card along the magnetic stripe
*Multiple card replacements within a 12 month period may be subject to a replacement fee as determined by ID Card Programs.
A $35 replacement fee will be charged for cards that have become damaged due to misuse or improper care. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Vertical/horizontal gouges or scratches on magnetic stripe
- Vertical wear on the magnetic stripe
- Bent or curling cards
- Vertical break of card or ragged vertical/horizontal break
- Abnormal marks including teeth marks
- Equipment damage (such as from a washer or dryer)
- Punch a hole in the card
- Put a magnet next to your card
- Bend your card
- Use your card as an ice scraper
- Put scratches in the magnetic stripe(s)
Cards replaced for any of the above reasons will result in a $35 replacement fee which will be payroll deducted for employees, students will have the charge added to their U-Bill.