Individuals who have a work, educational, or volunteer assignment in the UI Hospitals and Clinics are required to wear a UI Health Care photo identification badge while on duty.
Obtaining a UI Health Care Badge
A Photo Identification Badge Request is required every time a new UI Health Care Badge is requested. Individuals must work with their departmental Human Resources to initiate a badge request to be sent to the UI Health Care Badge Center.
Individuals receive their first card free of charge, subsequent cards may incur a replacement fee depending on the reason for the replacement.
Contact your departmental HR representative to initiate a request for a badge. (Requests expire 30 days after issue date.)
Every person issued a UI Health Care Badge will be photographed for their first card.
Occasionally we require an individual to have their photo retaken if they need a replacement card. Reasons for requiring a new photo include, but are not limited to:
- Two (2) or more years have passed since the last photo was captured
- Individual's appearance is different than the current photo
- Quality of the current photo does not meet UI Health Care Badge photo standards
UI Health Care Badge Photo Standards
- Photos must be an unobstructed, front view of the full face that is a representation of the true appearance of the card holder.
- No facial or hand gestures or foreign objects are to be included in the photo.
- Hats, sunglasses, bandanas, and any other clothing that might obstruct the view of the face may not be worn.
- All head wear must be removed, unless worn for valid religious or medical reasons.
- No picture retakes are allowed unless the picture is unusable due to closed eyes or other unforeseen problem.