Everyone who is issued an Iowa One Card/UI Health Care Badge has their photo taken for their first card.
On occasion we require an individual to have their photo retaken if they need a replacement card. Reasons for requiring a new photo include, but are not limited to:
- 2 or more years have passed since the last photo was captured
- the individual appearance is different than the current photo
- the quality of the current photo does not meet our standards
ID Photo Standards
- Photos must be an unobstructed, front view of the full face that is a representation of the true appearance of the card holder.
- No facial or hand gestures or foreign objects are to be included in the photo.
- Hats, sunglasses, bandanas, and any other clothing that might obstruct the view of the face may not be worn.
- All head wear must be removed, unless worn for valid religious or medical reasons.
- No picture retakes are allowed unless the picture is unusable due to closed eyes or other unforeseen problem.
Examples of ID photo standards can be found on the page for Online Photo Submission Requirements. (Please note that only new undergraduate students who have registered for orientation are permitted to submit a photo online.)